Sunday, September 10, 2023

My Top 5 Information Sources

 Reading the news is a low priority for many people nowadays. The news is usually condensed into a very short. yet descriptive Instagram posts because our generation has a shorter attention span and it's an easy way for accounts to amass likes. For me, I still have some news sources that I use for my interests because I won't be able to find them in big companies like the New York Times and the Washington Post.

The first source that I use quite frequently is 'Loudwire'. Loudwire is a website that is used for all of the latest rock news. Being a lover of rock and metal, I find this source very appealing because I always want to be updated with the latest rock news whether it's a famous musician's birthday, interviews, or just silly moments like "A Dog went to a Metallica Show". I recommend this site for people who like listening to 80s rock and metal and want to be updated regularly about the most recent news in the rock world.

The second source I use is "Dexerto". Dexerto is a news website dedicated to gaming. I like video games and the competitive scene that it has within it. I mainly use this site to be updated about my favorite games like "Counter-Strike", "Elden Ring", and "Metal Gear". Some of the articles on the website are crazy such as "1.9 Million People tune in to watch a Charity Football Match" the reason why people watched was because the players in the match were gaming st
reamers that are very popular in the gaming world and people want to watch them play a game of soccer to raise money for charity. At the end of match, they raised 2.4 million Euros. I would recommend this website for people who are interested in video games and "ESports".

The next source of information I use is "Guitar World". Guitar World I use for learning the latest on the guitar side of music. I play guitar myself and have been for the past 10 years now. I use this site to drool over some of the most beautiful guitars that I can never own because they cost upwards of $400,000. This website differs from "Loudwire" in the sense that it gives me articles and reviews on guitars, amplifiers, and pedals while also giving me some rock news as well. I highly recommend this website for people who want to learn more about guitars and who appreciate a wide variety of them or people who are interested in buying a guitar but don't know the fit for them.

The fourth source I use for information is "X" formerly "Twitter". I don't really use Twitter all that much, for me it's just a bunch of people ranting about some random stuff that I just don't really care for it. But the good thing I like about Twitter is the "What's happening" section. This part of Twitter gives me some of the latest news whether it's sports, movies, video games, and more. It's a very quick way of viewing what's going on in the world at the moment and is constantly fact-checked by the "Community Notes" which are Twitter users who are able to give the proper information if a tweet is lying about something with evidence to back up the notes. I recommend this to people who want the quick and simple version of a trending story without having to read through a 5-minute article.


The final source that I use for information is "Car And Driver". I primarily use Car and Driver for the latest car news when it comes to reviewing high-end luxury supercars and any manufacturing news for some popular car models coming to an end or an upgraded model that comes out with fancy new features and better performance. Also if you're interested in buying a car, you can read reviews about that very car you are interested in buying with ratings, pro and con lists, prices and features of interest for daily drivers. Overall, I would recommend this website to people who love cars and are always wanting the latest news about them and people who are interested in buying a car but don't know which one to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 My relationship with technology is a love-hate relationship. I love communicating with friends, seeing what they've been up to on their...